Robbie’s Produce Tips: Super Sweet All-Natural Thompson Grapes
- Select grapes with a light green to yellow color – the darker green ones won’t be as sweet.
- Choose grapes with green stems; older grapes will have brown and dry stems.
- Make sure the grapes are dry because wet grapes are usually a sign of age.
- Eat grapes right away or refrigerate (although you’ll still want to consume them in a couple of days even if you toss them in the fridge).
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.