John’s Dried Fruit and Nut Pick: Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2016
Excellent California Medjool Dates
Magnificent, large size, plump, great flavor and sweet at our very lowest price!
Price good from Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2016
From Imperial Valley, Bard California; they’re terrific and sweet with a rich, fudge-like consistency.
- Will keep at room temperature, very well, for at least one week
- Will keep very well refrigerated for at least 8 weeks
- Will keep in freezer, very well, for at least 8 months
- Try eating them directly out of the freezer—they’re excellent! Like eating fudge candy.
- Some Nutritional Facts:
- High Fiber (6) grams per three oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of magnesium (10% per three oz. serving)
- Medjool dates consist of 2% protein
Excellent healthy alternative to sugar or honey—dice and mix with:
- Oatmeal (instead of sugar or honey)
- Trail mixes
- Fresh fruit smoothies
- Cottage Cheese
Stuff Medjool dates with cheese—absolutely delicious!
First slice lengthwise, remove pit and stuff with your choice of the following:
- Soft goat cheese (my # 1 favorite!!)
- Cream cheese
- Milk Monterey Jack
- Any Sharp aged cheeses, even Blue cheeses
- Stuff Medjool dates with any of these cheeses—dice any of the following and mix with the cheese prior to stuffing
- Spicy jalapeno chili or any hot Chili of your choice
- Fresh Granny Smith apples or any apple of your choice
- Any favorite raw nut—like almonds, walnuts or pecans