Heirloom Tomato Salad with Laura Chenel’s Marinated Cabecou
The flavor of goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes is simply irresistible. Serves 4.
- 1 jar Laura Chenel’s Marinated Cabecou
- 4 Heirloom tomatoes (about 3 pounds) of different sizes and colors
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of basil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup of Sigona’s 12-Year Aged Condimento Tradizionale balsamic
Slice the heirloom tomatoes ¼ inch thick. Using a sharp knife, to prevent bruising, slice basil into thin strips, chop or tear.
Place tomatoes on serving plate, overlapping and alternating colors and shapes. Distribute red onions lightly and loosely on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle basil on top of onions.
Drizzle all with the oil from the Marinated Cabecou. Break Cabecou into large chunks and tuck around the top of the salad. Drizzle a little more of the olive oil and then the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan