The Bartender – Summer 2023 – 4 pack
Pick up this 4-pack of balsamics that are perfect for summery cocktails! Recipes are included for:
- Sigona’s wild raspberry white balsamic
- Sigona’s strawberry balsamic
- Sigona’s summertime peach white balsamic
- Sigona’s Sicilian lemon white balsamic
Wild Raspberry Balsamic Collins
- 1 small sprig mint, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices of lime
- 4 to 6 fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Sigona’s wild raspberry white balsamic
- 2 fluid oz white rum or gin (4 Tbsp)
- 2 fluid oz club soda (4 Tbsp)
Directions: In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the mint leaves, lime, raspberries and balsamic. Add ice and rum. Shake until chilled. Strain and serve in a Collins glass and top with club soda. Garnish with raspberry and mint.
Strawberry Balsamic Negroni
Adapted from The Taste Diet. Serves 4.
- 1 cup (8 oz) Campari
- 1 cup (8 oz) Vermouth (a sweet one, such as Cocchi Vermouth Di Torino)
- 1 cup (8 oz) Gin
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, preferably English cucumber
- 4 Tbsp Sigona’s strawberry balsamic
Directions: Together in a pitcher, stir together the Campari, vermouth, gin, strawberries and cucumber. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
To serve: Add ice to individual, short cocktail glasses. Pour in about 6 oz. of the Campari mixture, adding some of the fruit to each glass. Finish each cocktail with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic.
Summertime Peach Prosecco Spritz
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest. Serves 1.
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Home Ranch Peach Preserves (found at Sigona’s)
- 1 Tbsp Sigona’s summertime peach white balsamic
- 1 ounce vodka
- 4 ounces Prosecco, chilled
- Fresh basil leaves and sliced peaches, for serving
Directions: Combine the jam, balsamic and vodka together in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to the top and shake until mixture is chilled.
In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, combine the peach jam, balsamic vinegar, and vodka – if using, and shake well to combine. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into your favorite cocktail glass. Add Prosecco and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.
Sicilian Lemon Spiked Lemonade
Adapted from The Olive Tap. Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (find it at Sigona’s)
- 1/2 to 2/4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Sigona’s Sicilian lemon white balsamic
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Directions: In a large pitcher, combine the juice, sugar, water and vodka. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add in 1 tablespoon of the balsamic. Taste; adjust the sweetness and amount of balsamic to taste. Add ice and serve chilled.