Perfect Pairing: Sigona’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil + Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
Another perfect pairing will be available on sale in September 2023: Tuscan herb olive oil + Sicilian lemon white balsamic. We rotate in a new pairing about every month during the spring and summer months, putting it on sale both online and in our markets. They make great gifts or a go-to for an easy recipe. It’s now just $16.99, reg. $21.99. Save $5 through September 30, 2023.
FIND IT: Perfect pairing available in our markets and online.
Our Tuscan herb olive oil is a harmonious combination of herbal essential oils, including oregano, rosemary, marjoram and garlic. Use for sauces and marinades, or to sauté, grill, broil, roast and bake.
Our Sicilian lemon white balsamic is pleasantly sweet yet playfully tart. It has a perfectly balanced acidity and a crisp, lemony flavor and aroma. It is terrific with seafood, dark leafy greens or radicchio, in dressings or in a mixed drink.
Recommended ratio: Start with a 2 to 1 ratio of oil to balsamic, then adjust by adding an additional part of one or the other to suit your palate. Example: 2 teaspoon oils, 1 teaspoon balsamic.
Kale & Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats with a DIY Tuscan Herb Caesar Dressing
For the Squash Boats:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sigona’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil see note
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 a bunch of kale leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 3 Tbsp DIY Tuscan Herb Caesar Dressing RECIPE FOLLOWS, add more as needed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice divided
DIY Tuscan Herb Caesar Dressing:
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Sigona’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil see note
- 1 Tbsp Sigona’s Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic see note
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- For the Squash Boats: Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice squash in half, season inside with salt and pepper, to taste. Place cut-side-down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes then remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken mixture. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the chicken and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through (165°F and pink gone). Add the garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant; add the kale and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes until slightly wilted and bright green. Remove from heat.
- Leaving the shell boats intact, use a fork to scrape out and remove the squash. Place the squash in a large bowl and add the chicken mixture. Gently toss mixture with 3 tablespoons of the Caesar dressing, then even divide and return to the squash boats.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over the top of each boat and serve immediately. If they need to be reheated before serving, pop them back in a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes. Serve extra Tuscan Herb Caesar dressing on the side.
- For the Dressing: Add all ingredients together in a jar with a lid. Screw on the lid and shake the jar until all ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is emulsified (thickened). Use immediately.