Recipe: Niman Ranch Sausage-Stuffed Ravioli with Browned Plugrá and Caramelized Onions
Niman Ranch Sausage-Stuffed Ravioli with Browned Plugrá & Caramelized Onions
Why lose the fantastic taste of the sausage-stuffed ravioli in a heavy sauce? Keep it simple with caramelized onions and browned Plugrá. Plugrá is preferred by leading chefs, bakers, confectioners and foodies worldwide. Celebrate Oktoberfest with the best!
- 1 lg. sweet onion, sliced thin (Mayan Sweets are absolutely the best right now…they’re in for just a short time)
- 4 oz. Plugra European Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. Niman Ranch stuffed Saporito Ravioli
Cook the ravioli according to package directions, being careful not to overcook. Drain and set aside.
Add onions seasoned with salt and pepper to a large skillet. Caramelize onions in evoo over medium heat. When done, remove from skillet and set aside. Add Plugra to skillet. Do not swirl or move around.
Once the butter has melted and has begun to turn brown around the edges, reintroduce the caramelized onions to the skillet and add in the cooked ravioli. Carefully mix to coat the ravioli then let the mixture warm, about 3 minutes. Remove and serve warm, topped with a little parmesan cheese.
Niman Ranch is proud that all its livestock is:
- Humanely raised on sustainable U.S. farms & ranches
- Never given antibiotics – ever
- Never given any added hormones – ever
- Fed all-vegetarian feeds