Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips for Olallieberries & Boysenberries
- Arrange berries, unwashed, in a shallow dish lined with paper towels in the refrigerator right after purchase
- Only wash berries prior to immediate enjoyment
- The sooner you eat them after purchase, the better
- Like a red wine, they’re best cool, but not chilled; this allows the aromas and flavors to really come out
- Because they’re so fragile, Boysenberries and Olallieberries are a real treat that most stores won’t carry. Take advantage of these while they last. It’s my favorite berry!
Robbie Sigona is produce buyer for both the Redwood City and Palo Alto Sigona’s Farmers Market locations. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.