Robbie Sigona's Produce Tips: Cherries
Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips: Cherries
- Fresh cherries will have a nice shine to them.
- Stay away from cherries with a dry stem or cherries that are soft.
- To store cherries, place a dry paper towel in the bag with the cherries to absorb excess moisture. They’ll hold in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Remember though: the fresher they are the better.
- Buy local cherries for the freshest crop and best quality.
- Rainiers bruise easily so make sure you’re gentle with them and store them loosely, not rubbing up against other products in the fridge.
- The local cherry season will be short this year, especially the Rainiers, which were really affected by the weather this season. Get ‘em while you can!
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.