Robbie’s Produce Tips: Transitioning from Summer to Fall
- Now that we’re transitioning from summer to fall, it’s time to start thinking about autumn fruits and veggies.
- Pomegranates: Now is the season for wonderful varieties featuring dark-red insides perfect for eating out of hand.
- Fuyu persimmons: These ripened beauties are just around the corner.
- Oregon pears: A vast variety of the best pears you’ve ever tasted are waiting for you.
- Fresh cranberries: You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy them.
- Our local veggies are also looking fantastic right now. We have:
- Lacinato kale
- Green and red Swiss chard
- Asian Yu-choy, Gai-lon and baby bok choy
- Don’t forget about our roots perfect for soups: Parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, celery root and more are all looking great!
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.