Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips: Strawberries
- Fragrant. There’s no denying the strong, sweet scent of a fresh strawberry!
- Full red in color with little to no green under the calyx (more commonly known as the stem). Fresh strawberries are bright and vibrant with a nice green calyx.
For the best eating experience…
- Don’t wash strawberries until you’re ready to eat them.
- For a longer life, store strawberries in the fridge.
- They do best in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb any moisture.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.