Mixed Greens with a Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic & Roasted French Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
A simple yet elegant salad with a delightfully flavorful vinaigrette. Serves 6.
- 3 Tbsp. Sigona’s Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Sigona’s Roasted French Walnut Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- About 5 oz. mixed greens, or one large handful per serving
- Optional: 2 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup roughly chopped raw walnuts or pecans (look for them in Sigona’s dried fruit & nut department)
- 3/4 cup or more fresh blackberries (slice larger berries if desired)
Directions: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic, lemon juice and Dijon. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the greens and green onion, if using, with about half of the vinaigrette – being careful not to add too much – until well coated. Transfer the greens to a large serving platter or divide among individual salad plates.
Top the salad with crumbled cheese, walnuts and blackberries. Drizzle a bit of the remaining vinaigrette over the top and/or serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.