Recipe Roundup: Cayenne Chili Oil
Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Cilantro-Lime Dressing
This salad is fresh, crisp and flavorful, not to mention simple, healthy and delicious. It’s fantastic as a side salad, a topper for fish tacos, shrimp quesadillas or even over greens. Introduce another layer of flavor by choosing from one of our infused oils. Make it dairy-free by leaving off the cheese. Serves 4.
- 3 ears of local corn
- 3 Tbsp., divided, Sigona’s Smoky Chipotle Olive Oil or Sigona’s Cayenne Chili Oil or a seasonal plain Sigona’s Fresh Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil (We have many oils, plain and infused, from which to choose!)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- A pinch or two freshly ground black pepper
- 2 or 3 mini sweet peppers, sliced into rings, seeds removed
- 2 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Half a large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Optional: Cotija or feta cheese, for sprinkling
Directions: Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub the ears of corn with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, then place on the grill to cook. Rotate the ears about every 2 to 3 minutes until all sides are cooked with nice grill marks. Set aside and allow to cool to the touch.
In a large bowl whisk together the cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. While whisking, drizzle in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil until emulsified. To the bowl, add the peppers, green onions, tomatoes and radishes. Slice the kernels of corn off the ears and add to the bowl. Use a large spoon to fold everything together until well coated in the dressing. Transfer to a serving dish.
Top the salad with sliced avocado and add cheese, if using.