Robbie’s Produce Tips: Pumpkins & Squash
- It’s a great time to take advantage of local pumpkin and squash items we’re getting locally from Spina Farms in Morgan Hill and additional farmers in Half Moon Bay.
- We’re carrying many varieties of edible squashes, including Sugar Pies, Long Island Cheese, Jarrahdale, Cinderella and more.
- We have some very unique items right now, like our “warts galore” Galeux D’ Eysines. It might look like a peanut-shell covered pink pumpkin, but it’s very cool and original.
- Something special I like to do this time of year is to put on sale local corn stalks from Spina Farms as well as hay bales from Half Moon Bay. They make great decorations for the home and in the classroom.
- Speaking of local schools, we sell a lot of pumpkins at cost or donate to them every year.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.