John Sigona’s Pick of the Week: Extraordinary Pistachios
Local Roasted, No Salt Pistachios
(Good through May 8, 2018)
I believe our pistachios are the best anywhere! From California’s Central Valley, the perfect growing area for this wonderful nut.
Why our pistachios are the best anywhere:
- Colossal size!—usually 1%–2% (some years less than that) of entire crop grow to this mature size—HUGE!
- Picked at absolute full maturity; the nut meats are actually bursting out of their shells for the very best flavor and nutrients
- (Same excellent pistachios with no salt, if you prefer, at the same super sale price)
Some health benefits of pistachios and Himalayan pink salt:
- One serving (about 45 pieces) has more antioxidants than red wine and blueberries, combined
- Two ounces—more protein than 2 oz of cooked halibut, more fiber than 2oz of cooked broccoli, more potassium than 1 large banana
- No Trans fat
- Lowest calorie nut—one-half the calories per serving of almonds—75% less than macadamia nuts