Perfect Pairing: Oregano White Balsamic + Garlic Olive Oil
Another perfect pairing will be available on sale in June 2023: Oregano White Balsamic + Garlic Olive Oil. We rotate in a new pairing about every month during the spring and summer months, putting it on sale both online and in our markets. They great gifts or a go-to for an easy recipe. It’s now just $16.99, reg. $21.99. Save $5 through June 30, 2023.
FIND IT: Perfect pairing available in our markets and online.
Our oregano white balsamic is a sharp, white balsamic vinegar that is infused with the exquisite flavor of oregano to produce a classic Mediterranean flavor. It’s a perfect compliment to a wide variety of oils, and will create superb vinaigrettes.
Our garlic olive oil actually gives off the flavor of pungent fresh garlic. Since garlic and olive oil are almost always used together in Mediterranean cooking, you can use this in just about anything. Drizzle it onto pasta or mashed potatoes, brush it on meat before grilling or use it as a dipper.
Recommended ratio: Start with equal parts olive oil and balsamic, then adjust by adding an additional part of one or the other to suit your palate. Example: 1 teaspoon oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic.
Summery Greek Salad with Watermelon and an Oregano and Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- A couple pinches of salt
- At least 4 oz. feta crumbled or cubed
- 2 cups 1” cubed watermelon
- 3 large handfuls arugula or your favorite dark leafy green
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- Half a cucumber see chef’s note, quartered lengthwise and sliced into ¼” wedges (seeds optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pitted sliced olives, Kalamata or Castelvetrano olives
- 1 handful fresh herbs such as basil and parsley, chopped
- A sprinkling of dried or fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, salt the tomatoes and allow to set at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Chef’s Note: For a fancy flair, drag a fork lengthwise down the peel of a cucumber, creating deep grooves before slicing the cucumber in half lengthwise and then again into quarters.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a large bowl. When emulsified, add the cucumber and onion; toss to coat. Allow to marinate, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add everything but the feta to the bowl with the vinaigrette mixture. Toss, toss, toss until everything is well coated. Transfer to a serving dish or individual dishes. Finish the presentation with the feta and optional fresh/dried oregano.