Herb Grilled King Salmon with Sautéed Fava Beans
- 3 TBL chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced in 4 rounds
- 4 wild king salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
Directions: Combine parsley, dill weed and lemon juice. Rub evenly on both sides of salmon. Grease 4 sheets of foil large enough to wrap fish. Place 1 lemon slice on top of each steak and wrap fish in foil. Cook in covered grill over medium high, direct heat 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Serve with a generous spoonful of the sautéed fava beans on the side.
Sautéed Fava Beans
- As many fresh fava beans as you like (1 lb. in-shell fava beans serves about 1-2 people), shelled and prepared as follows
- Sigona’s Fresh Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- *Cook’s Note: sauté a little shallot or red onion with the garlic for more flavor. You can also top the beans with a little lemon zest.
Directions: To prepare the beans, first prepare an ice bath in a medium bowl. Set aside. Bring a few cups of water to a boil and add shelled fava beans for 4-5 minutes. Drain and plunge boiled beans into the ice bath. Once cool to the touch, drain. To remove the outer skin from the bean, gently pinch the bean and slide out of the skin. Discard the skin.
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the prepared beans and sauté for 5-8 minutes until soft, but not too soft. Season with salt and pepper, serve warm. See cook’s note for adding more flavor.