John’s Pick of the Week: The Very Best California Medjool Dates
California Medjool Dates
Large size, plump, great flavor and sweet!
OUR VERY LOWEST PRICE!!!
From Imperial Valley, Bard California Medjool Dates have terrific flavor and sweetness, with a rich fudge-like consistency.
- Will keep at room temperature, very well, for at least one week
- Will keep very well refrigerated for at least 8 weeks
- Will keep in Freezer, very well, for at least 8 months
- Try eating them directly out of the freezer—excellent—like eating fudge candy!
- Some Nutritional Facts
- High Fiber (6) grams per three oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of Magnesium (10% per three oz. serving)
- Medjool Dates consist of 2% protein
EXCELLENT HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO SUGAR OR HONEY—DICE AND MIX WITH:
- Oatmeal (instead of sugar or honey)
- Trail mixes
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- Cottage Cheese
STUFF MEDJOOLS WITH CHEESE—ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
(FIRST SLICE LENGHWAYS AND REMOVE PIT):
- Soft goat cheese (my # 1 favorite!!)
- Cream Cheese
- Milk Monterey Jack
- Any Sharp Aged Cheeses, even Blue Cheeses
- Stuff Medjool Dates with any of these cheeses—dice any of the following and mix with the cheese prior to stuffing
- Spicy Jalapeno Chili or any hot Chili of you choice
- Fresh Granny Smith Apples or any apple of your choice
- Any favorite raw nut—like Almonds, Walnuts or Pecans