Robbie’s Produce Tips: Fresh Cranberries
- Look for firm, dark red cranberries in the bag.
- Discard any that are soft, shriveled, withered, or discolored, and remove any stems.
- Don’t wash until ready to use as wet cranberries will spoil.
- Fresh cranberries will last for up to two months in a tightly-sealed plastic bag.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze for later use.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.