Sigona’s Super Simple Guacamole
Guacamole goes on anything from tacos to salmon burgers, but we probably all like it best as a dip for crudites, such as veggies or little gem lettuces, and of course, chips. Whip yourself up a batch of this super simple guacamole to get yourself ready for Cinco de Mayo, or any ol’ night of the week. Serves about 4 to 6 as a dip.
- 2 large avocados
- Juice from half a lime, more to taste
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers, halved, seeded and diced (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Kosher salt to taste, start with 1/2 tsp
- Optional: 1 small tomato, seeded and diced, such as a Roma
Directions: Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Scoop out the avocado from the skins; discard skins. Combine the avocado and lime juice together in a medium bowl; mash the avocado with a fork or pastry cutter until you reach a desired texture. Stir in the prepared peppers and onion, then fold in the cilantro, cumin and salt. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Just before serving, fold in the tomato, if using.