Spice-rubbed Chicken with a Fresh Press Manzanillo, Fresh Peach & Avocado Topping
Pairing the fruity, freshly pressed, medium-intensity Manzanillo from Australia with in-season produce enhances the lovely, summery flavors in this dish. Try the rub with a fish, such as mahi-mahi or snapper, if you prefer something other than chicken. Serves 4.
- 2 large chicken breasts, filleted in half so there are 4 thin pieces (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 TBL paprika
- Salt & pepper (heavy on the salt)
- Sigona’s Fresh Press Manzanillo (AUS) olive oil, for brushing
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 a large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ripe peach, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press Manzanillo (AUS) olive oil
- 3/4 TBL red wine vinegar
- 1 TBL Sigona’s summertime peach white balsamic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 c cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
Directions: Begin by preparing the avocado-peach topping. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, peach balsamic and red wine vinegar. Add in seasonings and whisk to combine. Add in fruits and cilantro, stir gently to coat. Set aside.
Heat an indoor stove top grill or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
Brush one side of each of the 4 chicken filets, season with salt, pepper and equal parts of the cumin and paprika. Flip chicken, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper only.
Place chicken on the grill, cumin- & paprika-seasoned side down first. Cook for about 3 minutes a side or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, place on a serving platter and squeeze lime juice over all four pieces of chicken.
Top each chicken with a spoonful of avocado-peach topping, garnish (if doing so) and serve.